Monday, April 04, 2005

Casually Yours

As some of U may know, in pursuit of a meaningful and heartfelt relationship, I've recently (recently being 2 weeks ago) sworn off casual sex. By casual sex I mean sex with strangers, online "hook - ups" and drunken one nighters. I will do these things no more, my philosophy being if I want something more I should be focusing on getting what I want. From now on, I won't have sex with a guy until we've at least gotten past the dreaded "2nd date". Which, if my history is anything to go off of, means I won't be having sex for a long ass time. And by sex I mean any activity where my dick or another man's dick enters any orifice other than the hole created by our hands.

I'm feeling pretty good about this. Despite the overwhelming amount of boys who are ONLY after ass and that's it, I feel like there's a whole other world of gay men out there who are serious about dating and getting to know someone and developing a relationship that's more meaningful than the occasional booty call. Where are these gay men? I don't have a clue. But it's my quest to find them. I just hope they're not all unattractive or fuckwits.

So, it's been two weeks and I've resisted temptation thus far. How many SINGLE gay men do u know that would turn down sex with a HOT guy on principle alone? Well, I've turned down a few. And it actually hasn't been as hard as I imagined it would be (no pun intended). It's become quite empowering actually. Then again it has only been 2 weeks.

So, I was out on Saturday night and ran into an old "acquaintance" of mine. Ok, so he was an acquaintence with whom I'd had casual sex with on more than one occasion. So, I'm stuck with my first dilemma. Should a fuck buddy be considered casual sex? I would think not since we kind of know each other. Granted, I don't know his last name. It's probably on my caller ID somewhere though. So, should I call this guy up or not? I don't think he's interested in dating and I'm not sure I'd even be interested in dating him, but he is fun in bed. Is it too hard to give up casual sex cold turkey? Maybe I should ease myself into it by having rules for like the next month or 2 ... rules such as ... I can still have sex with previous fuck buddies, I can have casual sex while on vacation (if I'm still single) and I can have casual sex with people who are only visiting Baltimore for vacation or work. Oh come on, hotel sex is the best! They're usually great guys, in town for a bit, and just looking for a little companionship while they're here. What's so wrong with that?

Oy vei. I have some soul searching to do. To ho or not to ho ... that indeed is the question ...

"If U really wanna find someone 2 get some behind, I ain't the one for u." - TLC, Silly Ho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home